Rancho Penasquitos Fundamentals I & II
The Sprockids Fundamentals I & II clinics are comprehensive off-road biking programs designed to teach riders essential skills and techniques through engaging drills, games, and fun activities! This two-part clinic is being held over two weekends, allowing participants to build upon their skills and progress in their off-road biking journey.
Your rider will learn the entirety of bike fundamentals, including bike safety and conducting an ABC bike check, the importance of a properly fit helmet and helmet check, bike components and equipment, the three mountain bike essentials, neutral and ready positions, proper bike body positioning and separation, shifting gears, effective braking techniques, steering and cornering, safely getting on and off the bike on hills, ratcheting, riding switchbacks, wheel lifts, and more!
Skills are taught in a playful environment using obstacles and games to make the learning experience enjoyable and engaging.
Our small coach to rider class ratio ensures personalized attention and support for each rider, allowing them to build confidence and develop a solid foundation of off-road biking skills.
These clinics are suitable for riders aged 7+ who are comfortable riding their bikes off-road.
Join us and experience the joy of riding and conquering new challenges on the trail!
Please ensure that your rider arrives prepared for the clinic with the following:
- A geared mountain bike with a wheel size of 20″ or greater that has been recently serviced and is in functional condition.
- Double check the chain, brakes, and tire air pressure to ensure they are in proper working order.
- Wears a properly fitted helmet that is snug for optimal safety.
- Wears closed toe sneakers and athletic clothing that is safe and suitable for riding.
- Make sure your rider is well-fed and hydrated before the clinic, as riders who are nourished and hydrated tend to have the most fun!
- Has a bike mounted water bottle or hydration pack to stay hydrated during the clinic.
- Don’t forget to bring a light snack to keep your rider’s energy levels up during the session.
By following these guidelines, your rider will be fully prepared to make the most of his/her experience at the clinic.
Adults are invited to participate in our clinics and learn alongside your rider. The same skill, equipment and bike requirements stated above apply for parents and you must also book yourself a ticket.
Please review our waivers upon checkout and let us know if you have any questions.
* Scholarships are available for families that would like to participate at a reduced rate, please email email@example.com for more information.*
We look forward to seeing you soon!
10 in stock
Saturday – April 20th, 2024
Saturday – April 27th, 2024
7+ years old
20, 24, 26, 27.5, 29
Central San Diego
10 in stock